The useful lifetime of ball bearings bearing depends to your great extent around the proper lubrication in the bearing. This is especially valid in wheel bearings where operating conditions include dirt, moisture and high and low temperatures.
Lubricants aid in carrying away heat, protecting bearing surfaces from corrosion and reducing friction.
1) Thoroughly clean the hands or place on a new set of latex gloves.
2) Place a blob of grease, approximately the dimensions of a golf ball, to the palm of one of the hands.
3) Making use of your opposite hand, push the big end from the spherical roller bearings cone assembly in the grease. This permits the grease to get forced between the rollers, cage and cone.
4) Continue pushing grease in the large end, rotating the whole cone assembly, till the grease needs out evenly
across the entire small end.
5) Smear excess grease on the outside in the bearing cone assembly.
Utilizing A Mechanical Grease Packer
1) Thoroughly clean both your hands or wear a fresh set of latex gloves.
2) Set the bearing cone assembly, small end down, to the grease packer funnel.
3) Plug the bore in the large dexnpky37 of the bearing cone assembly using the conical retainer.
4) Firmly press down on the conical retainer. This enables the grease to get forced in between the rollers, cage and cone.
5) Smear excess grease on the exterior of the roller bearings cone assembly.